Press AreaCurrent News Articles about Maine Troop Greeters and/or Troops
Armed Forces Day: May 18, 2013: The Maine Troop Greeters honored those who served and who are serving from all branches of the military on Armed Forces Day, May 18, 2013 and also celebrated our 10 year anniversary. Please click here to see the pictures. (Note- click first small icon above pictures to view as slideshow)
Friday, January 25, 2013: Bangor Memvac unit returns home!
Please click here to read BDN story about plans for Maine Troop Greeter museum to house valuable collection of article donated by Troops.
- Fireball Run! Saturday, October 12, 2012: From the Maine Edge: " Meeting up with our state's famous troop greeters turned out to be the most memorable part of the journey for the Bangor Riverdrivers. "Maybe it's because we know so much of their background that it was more meaningful for us. Nonetheless, just having them standing there as veterans themselves, it was very moving," said Ouellette."I've had some emotional times on the road, but when I got to Bangor and the Maine Troop Greeters said, 'Welcome home Tina,' I lost it because I know what they do," explained Scheer.
- July 6, 2012: "Community Support Helps Troop Greeters give warm welcome. Click here to see news story.
- July 4, 2012: Happy independence day America! Click here to see pictures of the Maine Troop Greeters marching in parade.
- Saturday, May 19, 2012: The Maine Troop Greeters host open house to honor our Troops and Veterans on Armed Forces Day. Click here to see pictures of the event: Greeters, Troops, dignitaries, Girls Scouts and Boy Scouts and the community. It was a nice event at the Bangor International Airport. to honor Armed Forced Day. Please click here to see the closing tribute: America the Beautiful to honor our Troops and Veterans.
- Click here to see a nice blog from a Marine about his experiences with the Maine Troop Greeters.
- Yahoo News story: Click here to see the great story about a reporter's visit to Bangor Intl. airport to help greet the Troops!
- Four Legged Troop Greeters Provide Smiles and Comfort to Soliders: http://www.wabi.tv/news/25967/four-legged-troop-greeters-provide-smiles-and-comfort-to-soldiers
- Saturday, December 10, 2011: Wreathes Across America- Remember, Honor, Teach. A group of Maine Troop Greeters helped lay wreathes at three Veterans cemeteries in Augusta, Maine. Please click here to see pictures.
Maine 'Troop Greeters' welcome final waves of Iraq soldiers. A group that has been greeting troops at a Maine airport since 2003 is doing its part to give the final waves of Iraq soldiers a hearty welcome home. http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/12/10/as-iraq-war-ends-families-across-u-s-welcome-troops-home/... scroll about half way down the page.
Veterans Day Parade, Bangor, Maine, 2011: Please click here to see slide show. Thank you Veterans and Troops!
- September 11, 2011: The Maine Troop Greeters Pay Tribute to 9-11 Victims
- August 17, 2011: Maine Ambassadors, Bangor Daily News.
- August 16, 2011: Bangor, Maine, Site of Moving Thank-You to U.S. Service Men, Women, Yahoo News.
- July 15, 2011: Troop Greeters bring smiles to children at EMMC.
Troop Greeters Give Pediatric Patients T-Shirts of Support
- Memorial Day Parade, Banger, Maine, 2011: to honor and thank those who made the ultimate sacrifice. Please click here to see slide show. Thank you Veterans and Troops!
- Armed Forces Day Celebration at Bangor International Airport May 21, 2011. Surprise planeload of Troops arrive just in time for celebration!
- The Maine Troop Greeters say Thank You to Bangor Savings Bank for support of Brromball game: WABI-TV and WVII TV
- Troops Ring in the New Year back home: December 31, 2010
- BDN story on troops returning on New Year's eve: 12/31/10
- Daisy Scouts offer Troops cookies at BIA
- Millionth Troop Media Story
- President's Recognition Award from the Maine Association of Police
- Supporting our Troop: March 24, 2010
- 1 millionth Solder Arrives at Bangor Airport; March 22, 2010
- The Katahdin Area Council, Boy Scouts of America to honor The Maine Troop Greeters.: Press Release
- Boy Scout Invitation
- Boston Globe article about the Maine Troop Greeters, May 24, 2009
- Article: review of "The Way We Get By"
- May 25, 2009 Article about the Maine Troop Greeters
- Governor Baldacci Honors Filmmakers and Troop Greeters, April 9, 2009, Governor's Office
- The Way We Get By: Article by Bangor Daily News, April 10, 2009
- What you need to know to help Troop Greeters, Bangor Daily News Article, April 10, 2009
- Maine Troop Greeters Receive Donations, August, 2008
Current Media Releases
Upcoming Events Information (Calendar)